Re: unnecessarily gender-specific language on the website and wiki

Hi everybody

El 09/07/14 11:26, Katharina Sabel escribió:
Hey everybody (wow...first message to the mailing list :) ),

Yay! Welcome again!

I can help out with that kinda stuff to. I am maintaining several
software projects so it won’t be my main focus of contribution.
But it is an important thing, in my opinion, to do.

I’m glad to see that little edit yesterday made such a splash.

It's a quick, easy thing, and we'll be credited in
contributors.debian.org <http://contributors.debian.org/> :)

Perfect for somebody thinking about how to get involved in Debian, in
my opinion.

How does that actually work then? Do I have to register somewhere else?
Does another system admin create a page for me or is there a minimum
amount of wiki edits/ contributions someone must have before they’re
credited as contributors?

Right now, commits to the website and wiki editions (among other contributions) are tracked, but only people with Alioth account or @debian.org address are shown in contributors.debian.org (until opt-in opt-out and privacy options are developed/deployed). So, for appearing in the list, you need to register an account in Alioth (the Debian source forge: https://alioth.debian.org/ ). AFAIK, even if you don't join any team in Alioth, the email of your wiki account will be matched with the one of your Alioth account, and then, you'll be credited for any wiki edition.

But of course everybody is also welcome to join any team in Debian :)

Regards
Laura Arjona
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona

Best regards,