Re: Why the Widening Gender Gap in Computer Science?

On 2008-11-25, Anne Sorsa penned:

> That is so true. One friend of mine has told me that she has problems to find CS work and she thinks that the biggest reason is her age. She is under 30 years and maybe an employers are afraid that she might get pregnant.

Maybe it's a matter of location?  Since graduating with a
CS degree, I've had three jobs, two with software companies and one
with an aerospace company.  Two of those have been in the Denver metro
area of Colorado; one in the beltway area around Washington, DC.  In
all of these companies, women appear to be just as welcome as men.
Granted, that's a tiny sample set over 10 years.  But I imagine that
other locations in the US could be much more sexist.

(Side note: 10 years?  Really?  It doesn't feel that long ...)

Is it at all possible that there would be another reason that other
candidates would be chosen over her?

--
monique

Help us help you: