Re: Localizing main site?

On 17/06/2005, at 7:26 AM, Thierry Reding wrote:

The normal procedure for translating the D-W website is by downloading the WML sources and then creating a subdirectory for the language you want to translate into (which would in your case be the `vi' subdirectory), then go
crazy with translating.
<snip details>

Thanks for your reply, Thierry, it's very helpful. I did grab the source for that page, and having a separate directory is an effective structure. I like the "going crazy with translation" bit too: although I'm never sure if the translation is the cause or the effect. ;)

Will we have language links from the main D-W site page, to these translations?

Do I need to sub to the site mailing list?

<shudders at the thought of yet another mailing list>

Still, if it's needed, I'll try to keep up.

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc