Re: Proposal to overturn init systems premature GR

Sean Whitton writes ("Re: Proposal to overturn init systems premature GR"):
> On Tue 03 Dec 2019 at 04:15PM +00, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > We can do this with enough time to vote before Christmas, as Russ
> > reasonably points out is desirable.  Russ suggested a voting period
> > starting on the 8th of December would be the latest sensible [2],
> > which probably means a call for votes the previous day.
>
> Russ, could you chime in here -- do you still think that starting on the
> 8th would give enough time to people who might be away from the PGP keys
> during the holiday season, or would we be cutting it tight?
>
> (I am almost never away from my own PGP subkeys so I don't feel I can
> judge myself whether it would be enough time.)

I could live with a shorter timescale if I had at least 24h and
preferably 48h notice.

I do think that it should have been obvious that this public
discussion ought to have been done in a more relaxed way.  Extra time
does not increase the pain much.  The public discussion should have
started a month ago, or in January.  But we are here now and trying to
postpone it over Christmas in the middle of it is a bad idea.

Ian.