Re: Time Line

Hi Sam,

On Fri, Nov 15, 2019 at 06:58:33AM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I saw someone on IRC just yesterday saying they had recently spent 16
> hours on init system GR stuff.

That was me.

> If other develpers, particularly developers who are not primary
> contributors to the discussion are already feeling burned out and are
> spending significant time because they have to keep up, that is a real
> significant cost to the project.

I still think it is time spent well, because the alternative is lots of
small chunks of people's time lost in a less visible way -- from patches
being prepared but not integrated to local workarounds built by sysadmins.

The ideal outcome of this process is that we reach a consensus that can be
extrapolated even to future questions. A less ideal outcome is that we
reach a decision instead of a consensus -- but even that would be
worthwhile.

   Simon