Re: Q to all candidates: should we have more ports?

On 15359 March 1977, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
Should we try to catch up with these other systems in terms of ports?
Specifically today, should we try to make Debian usable on any of the
operating system kernels that I quoted above?

While it is nice to have many ports, "We have the most" is not the best
way to measure success, I think.

Now, I do not think that the DPL should go round and get more ports
ready for inclusion. But if there are people who want to do the work,
then neither the DPL nor a delegate should be in the way in general.
(There might be technical reasons, and some ports may have general
questions in terms of freeness).

--
bye, Joerg