Re: Q: NEW process licence requirements

On 14993 March 1977, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> As an example for a rule that does not make sense, recently a member of
> the ftp team stated on debian-devel that the contents of NEW cannot be
> made available to people outside the ftp team since it might not be
> distributable, and that this is not expected to be changed.

Like it or not, but there *is* a big difference in the project making
something available for the big wide world (which a public NEW would
be), or a user putting it somewhere readable for everyone even though
the latter might be using project resources too. Sure, this is an
argument for making salsa restricted too and have NEW processing on any
project there, and be safe(r). *I* dont want that, you seem to advocate
for it.

--
bye, Joerg