Re: Call for seconds: DFSG violations in Lenny

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 01:24:56PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> Robert Millan wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 08:48:44AM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> >> No it's really not funny. I'm sick of reading ad nauseam your opinion.
> >
> > Then don't read it.  Me, I'm sick of reading personal attacks, but I
> > choose to read anyway out of responsibility.
>
> If you're sick of personal attacks, stop this bullshit and spend your
> time on something useful.

This seems to suggest that personal attacks are well deserved because I didn't
spend my time the way _you_ find useful.

On one hand, I spend my time the way I find useful myself, and I will continue
to do so.  Sorry if that bothers you.

On the other, personally attacking someone because of the way he's chosen to
deal with his free time reflects a rather weak standpoint, and lack of real
arguments.

> To start the same bullshit again for the next release, a few days before
> the release?

No, it started years before the release.  I only stepped in when it became
clear that the bugs were being ignored.  Stop pretending there was no time
to react.

  - #494010 was known since 2006.

  - #493925, #494007, #494308 were known since 2004.

The first response in #494308 is a jewel:

<quote>
I already waited for this.

You don't expect us to remove the e100 driver, do you?
</quote>

They're so few words, but they tell so many things.  It's the perfect summary.

--
Robert Millan