Re: GR: Removal of non-free

On Jan 5, 2004, at 07:10, MJ Ray wrote:

Some level of support for this would probably actually improve debian, especially non-debian packages of software and any hypothetical distribution of services when we dominate the world. Maybe package metadata should include info for reportbug-type packages to use.

/usr/share/doc/reportbug/README.developers

(It's already there, and has been for a while)

What else could be useful here? Should clause 1's "non-free" terms be recast as "non-debian" and pledge support for interoperability?

Interoperability is nice, but doing stuff right is more important. We already pledge to support our users in SC 4; not sure why we need it in SC 1 as well.