Re: Opinions on crypto-in-main

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 12:19:30AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:

> I would appreciate it if those running for DPL could answer the
> following:
>
> 1) Do you think we have all the legal advice necessary to begin
>    implementing the crypto-in-main transition?  If not, what would you
>    do to secure what more legal advice you think is needed?
>
> 2) Do you believe crypto-in-main is an important goal?  Why or why
>    not?
>
> 3) Barring unforeseen difficulties, would you push to have the
>    crypto-in-main transition done during this year?

I don't think any of the DPL candidates should answer the questions
until the campaigning period commencements.  We're still in the
nomination period for another dozen hours or so.

However, I'll defer to the Project Secretary's opinion on this if he
differs.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The basic test of freedom is
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    perhaps less in what we are free to