Re: Automatic reboot on kernel crash in Debian 12 - how?

On 16 Apr 2024 11:42 +0200, from george@nsup.org (Nicolas George):
>> Are you saying that the settings themselves are reasonable for the
>> purpose, and that this particular crash just happened to be such a one
>> that no software running on the system in question can reasonably help
>> with that scenario?
>
> No, unfortunately I do not have the gift of divination, it would be
> convenient. I am saying that you cannot use software to protect yourself
> entirely from software bugs.

Well, naturally. But if there is some setting which I _could_ set that
would get me closer to my desired state, I would still like to know
which one and perhaps even what might be an appropriate value for it.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”