Re: Debian ISOs on USB stick

On 4/3/24 05:56, Thomas Schmitt wrote:
Hi,

i read from bytes 2085412 to 2085479:
   "Info rrmation Syste rm VolumeSYSTEM~"
which is similar to the alterations of one of the USB sticks shown in
   https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1056998#35

The web knows about a Microsoft folder named "System Volume Information".
   https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-volume-information-what-is-it-and-what-is/3bc81844-0baa-46bd-9949-4efb4678b677
   "whenever I put my flash-drive or my micro sd adapter and sd card into
    my windows 8.1 something called "System Volume Information" is always
    getting added on."

So did you perhaps show this USB stick to a running MS-Windows system ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas

It is possible the drive was inserted into a Windows computer.

If and when I need a newer d-i, perhaps I will put the ISO onto a USB flash drive, conduct more experiments, and post the results.

I apologize for blaming d-i for what might be Dell, Intel, BIOS/UEFI, Microsoft, and/or other bugs.

David