Re: Debian 12.5: pigz 2.6-1 fails with error message (Upstream issue 111)

On 02/04/24 at 10:27, Jonathan Chung wrote:
Dear sir or madam,

I'm new with Debian bug reporting and thus need some help with that.
pigz 2.6-1 on Debian 12.5 fails to execute due to a fixed bug on
upstream https://github.com/madler/pigz/issues/111

Installing the version from sid resolves the issue which is clearly not
optimal. I think the fix should be backported.

Can someone help me to file a bug report?

To file a bug report use "reportbug pigz" and answer the questions… but I use regularly "pigz" in my backup scripts and I didn't notice nothing wrong ?_?
My installed version is:

~$ dpkg -l | grep pigz
ii pigz 2.6-1 amd64 Parallel Implementation of GZip

I just tested it and I've nothing to report:

~$ tar tf frankbck2.tgz --use-compress-program=pigz >/dev/null
~$ echo $?
0

Are you sure you are using Debian 12.5 ?

Kind regards.

--
Franco Martelli