Re: Bookworm: Where are the ImageMagick binaries other than `convert`?

On Mon, Apr 01, 2024 at 10:06:40PM -0400, eben@gmx.us wrote:
> On 4/1/24 21:37, Christian Gelinek wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have ImageMagick installed, but only the `convert` binary is in my path.
> >
> > Other binaries like `magick` are not. Where can I find them,
>
> In Synaptic, if you get the properties of an installed package one of the
> tabs is "installed files".  You can find out where (or whether) those things
> are actually installed.

The command-line equivalent is "dpkg -L", to list the files that belong
to an installed package.

In the specific case of imagemagick, things get a little bit weird:

hobbit:~$ dpkg -L imagemagick-6.q16 | grep bin/
/usr/bin/animate-im6.q16
/usr/bin/compare-im6.q16
/usr/bin/composite-im6.q16
/usr/bin/conjure-im6.q16
/usr/bin/convert-im6.q16
/usr/bin/display-im6.q16
/usr/bin/identify-im6.q16
/usr/bin/import-im6.q16
/usr/bin/mogrify-im6.q16
/usr/bin/montage-im6.q16
/usr/bin/stream-im6.q16

And these are pointed to by symlinks in the "alternatives" system:

hobbit:~$ ls -l /usr/bin/convert
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 25 Feb 12 15:15 /usr/bin/convert -> /etc/alternatives/convert*
hobbit:~$ ls -l /etc/alternatives/convert
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 24 Feb 12 15:15 /etc/alternatives/convert -> /usr/bin/convert-im6.q16*

In any case, there is no command named "magick".