"libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate"

Hello, I have this problem with Debian and mpv recently after
not using the computer for a while, now plugging everything in
and upgrading. I asked on #mpv and got some help but still
don't work, I post the whole backlog here here. TIA.

But the error message is,

    libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
    [vo/gpu/opengl] Suspected software renderer or indirect context.
    [vo/gpu] Failed initializing any suitable GPU context!
    Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (--vo) device.

Here is the backlog,

    <incal> hi, had the computer stashed away for some time, plugged it in
            today, now I get the following error from mpv:
    <incal> libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
    <incal> [vo/gpu/opengl] Suspected software renderer or indirect context.
    <incal> [vo/gpu] Failed initializing any suitable GPU context!
    <incal> Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (--vo) device.
<LaserEyess> without more information, I conclude you have broken drivers
    <incal> okay, what do you do about that? I'm on Debian, everything is
            upgraded. mpv 0.37.0
<LaserEyess> how did you get mpv?
<LaserEyess> paste a log file, mpv --no-config --log-file=mpv_is_broken.log
    <incal> got mpv with these commands,
            https://dataswamp.org/~incal/conf/.zsh/mpv-install
    <incal> LaserEyess, log file:
            https://dataswamp.org/~incal/error/mpv-gpu.txt
<LaserEyess> mpv cannot detect your GPU, mesa only says you have software
            renderers
    <incal> if mpv cannot detect it, does it mean it is down or is it
            a problem with mpv?
<LaserEyess> it's a problem with your system
    <incal> the drivers?
    <incal> maybe same as this?
            https://lists.debian.org/debian-x/2015/08/msg00243.html
    <incal> no, 2015
  <psykose> paste `eglinfo` somewhere
  <psykose> it comes from mesa-utils or whatever
    <incal> https://dataswamp.org/~incal/error/eglinfo.txt
  <psykose> yeah it just says failed so your drivers are broken
    <incal> no, wait, I should do it from X,
            https://dataswamp.org/~incal/error/eglinfo-x.txt
  <psykose> that looks more functional
    <incal> but it says "libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate" when
            I run it in X
  <psykose> o wait nvm
  <psykose> says swrasty
  <psykose> which gpu do you have
    <incal> msi Nvidia Geforce GT 710
  <psykose> ah nvidia
  <psykose> very fun
    <incal> what driver should you have for that? maybe it got removed when
            I upgraded the system, no idea
    <incal> I don't have any nvidia stuff installed, a bunch of mesa tho if
            that is the/a alternative?
    <incal> but everything is upgraded, so should work unless broke from the
            repos. unlikely maybe
<LaserEyess> incal: you have to install nouveau or the proprietary nvidia
            drivers
<LaserEyess> you have no drivers installed at all
    <incal> I have xserver-xorg-video-nouveau installed, isn't that nouveau?
    <incal> here is a YouTube video, "DEBIAN FIX: libEGL warning: DRI2: failed
            to authenticate", from 2023, maybe I can watch that from
            a smartphone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF1yJg2vzps
<LaserEyess> idk, I don't use debian
    <incal> yeah
    <incal> will post the issue at gmane.linux.debian.user, must have happened
            when I upgraded the system after not using it, right?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal