Re: printing QR-codes on labels with 300dpi label printers with LaTeX

On 12/3/24 21:21, hw wrote:

Even if they did that, it would be totally useless because it won't be
able to automatically print labels from databases.

The manufacturer applications  usually allow you to print a list from a spreadsheet or text file.

It is possible to use document generation tools like latex and printing
systems like CUPS to print a label, but pixel registration will be poor.
Why?  The manufacturer provided a CPUS printer driver without which
printing wouldn't be possible at all.

Most custom barcodes programs run on windows and don't use CUPS.

Manufacturers can provide CUPS drivers as well, but the barcode application is usually only windows.

In my case I had to write my own CUPS driver as the manufacturer does not provide one.

Getting back to pixel registration, the latex CUPS route is very unlikely to work well. However a custom application that generates a pixel perfect bitmap that is printed at 100% scale through cups should work.

There are a number of programs that can do that, though I have not used them so far.

- zint

- GNU barcode

- BWIPP

also a possibility is