Re: Ethernet not working on a Dell notebook

frantal@libero.it writes:

> sudo mii-tool enp19s0 -F 10baseT-FD
>
> The problem is that every time I shut off the notebook Ito have ethernet connection again I have to give that command by terminal. Is
> there the possibility to make default this ethernet module? Thanks and regards

You can specify ethtool commands to be run in /etc/network/interfaces,
see /usr/share/doc/ethtool/README.Debian for details. I'm not sure
if that'll work with NetworkManager, though.

But, having to force 10baseT probably indicates other issues like a bad
cable, as Marco said.