Re: disable auto-linking of /bin -> /usr/bin/

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 11:49:02AM -0800, Mike Castle wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 10:57 AM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
> > Yes, the main reason for the separation of /usr has more or less
> > disappeared with the arrival of initramfs, but still... why.
>
> To some extent, it will make it easier for packaging.

Yes, I get that. It's one of those flourishes which lie around
and somewhat complicate things. But given the drama of those
transitions, many of them just stay put and get the label "for
histerical raisins" slapped on, until the world changes so much
that they lose relevance anyway.

To me this one had the taste of a manichæan purge, but hey.

Cheers