Re: Donate money

On Mon, 2024-01-08 at 19:48 -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> David writes:
> > This forces _everybody_ to comply with American law: unilateral
> > world
> > order by any other name.
>
> It is not a uniquely USA law.  It's part of an international scheme
> in
> which most governments participate.

Where is Paypal based?
Then it operates under American law, doesn't it?

> > A directly attributed, undisguised donation to an Assange fund, or
> > any
> > other (because this applied to more than one isolated case) does
> > not
> > qualify as `money-laundering'.
>
> I didn't say that it did.  I said that preventing "money laundering"
> is
> what the scheme *purports* to do.

And I'm saying the KYC procedure (in any country) doesn't apply to a
situation where both the donor and recipient of a financial process are
openly declared.
What's to know?
Essence of red herring.

> > Yes, we definitely need something better than Paypal.
>
> I don't like PayPal either but you won't find any way to do
> international transactions without dealing with obnoxious
> regulations.

Ummmm, yes there are,
But I'm not about to openly advertise my modes of transaction here.
They do exist, they are not dishonest, they are not hard to discern, or
difficult to put into play, either.
 I merely move my money (emphasis on `my money') to where I require it
to be.
No obnoxious regulations in evidence.
Cheers!