Re: Re: Debian in HPC

I think some places are moving to Ubuntu.  The thought is that Ubuntu keeps more up to date with software.  I preferred to keep the OS minimal and build the user software independently since there usually were complex dependencies and Debian should be fine in that case.

We used diskless servers with stable ramdisk boot images and I did not get Debian or Ubuntu working before I retired.  I didn't get far enough along to try Infiniband or GPFS.  GPFS was working for some others on Ubuntu workstations.

The Beowulf mailing list is good.

Stuart