Re: Problem opening VMWare Player

On 01/08/2024 08:53 AM, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Mon, Jan 08, 2024 at 08:33:11AM -0500, Stephen P. Molnar wrote:
I am running Bookworm.

I have installed VMWare-Player-Full-Bundle v-17.5.0, after checking that
Debian still supports it.

When I attempt running I get an error:

Failed to execute command "@@BINARY@@"
failed to execute child process "@@BINARY@@" (no such file or directory
When you run *what*?  What command, exactly?

In any case, this is very clearly a failed installation.  The @@BINARY@@
is a placeholder that should have been replaced by a program name (with
or without a path) during the installation.

Either you didn't follow the installation instructions correctly, or
something went wrong during the installation, which you'll have to
discover and fix before trying the installation again.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't doubt what you're saying. The installer reported that there were no errors. Obviously, it was wrong.

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.
https://insilicochemistry.net