Re: xfce screen detachment

On Sun, Jan 07, 2024 at 09:32:55PM -0800, Mike Kupfer wrote:
Dan Ritter wrote:

Russell L. Harris wrote:
> system:  amd64 desktop, debian 12, xfce, NEC MultiSync EA192M monitor
[...]
That sounds something like having an X11 screen larger than the
monitor it is on, and X panning around that. Typically, though,
panning requires the mouse to hit the border of the monitor.

If that's what is happening, try right clicking-on the desktop
to get the application menu, and run Settings => Desktop; then
reset the resolution to what your monitor actually supports.

FWIW, I've noticed that Xfce eventually gets confused about the settings
for my display.  I don't know what triggers it, but I'll suddenly notice
that the display has gone from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080.  Resetting it
works (under Display, not Desktop).  I don't see the problem with MATE,
KDE, Cinnamon, or i3.

This is on Debian 11, amd64 desktop (radeon 3000 video), Acer 23"
monitor.

I opened the display settings, but whatever I did did not correct the
problem.  The next time it happens I try display settings again and
pay closer attention.  Thanks.  RLH