Re: 1 Currently unreadable (pending) sectors How worried should I be?

On Tue, 2 Jan 2024 18:01:32 -0500
Dan Purgert <dan@djph.net> wrote:

> On Jan 02, 2024, Charles Curley wrote:
> > I have a brand new NVME device, details below, in a brand new
> > computer. smartd just started returning pending sector errors.
>
> Means you've got "N" bad sector(s) on the drive.  It happens, even on
> new drives.

Good to know.

> > A recent extended (long) test run since the first reported pending
> > sector returned no errors.
> >
> > How worried should I be?
>
> I wouldn't be "very" worried; but I'd keep an eye on it (especially
> with regards to any warranties you may have on the machine)

OK, will do. If I understand that entry in the SMART report, the
offending sector should eventually be re-mapped or else marked as
unrecoverable. If the latter, I'll get really concerned.

Sorry. See my recent reply to Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org>.

It's the only one on the computer. Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org>
corrected that. https://smarthdd.com/database/Netac-SSD-256GB/S0626A0/

--