Re: Non-delivery reports from postmaster@ewetel.de

Hi Christoph,

On Sat, Dec 02, 2023 at 09:47:00AM +0100, Christoph Brinkhaus wrote:
> Am Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 11:02:47PM +0000 schrieb Andy Smith:
> > Is anyone else receiving non-delivery report emails from
> > postmaster@ewetel.de for every email they post to debian-user? They
> > look like this:

[…]

> I have received one mail like that when posting to the l10 list.

Okay, thanks, glad to hear ewetel wasn't just objecting to my email. 😀

> The mail appeared in the list in spite of that message.

Yeah, that NDR is from ewetel.de for one of their own users, not for
the mailing list. It is broken for it to send such an NDR to the
poster. It should have gone to Debian's mailing list software, so
that the rejection could have been automatically handled.

It doesn't seem to be happening any more so perhaps it was, or the
Debian listmasters disabled the user's subscription.

Thanks,
Andy