Re: time question, as in ntp?

On Dec 01, 2023, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 01, 2023 at 08:20:57AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > You claim I don't have to do anything to that printer machine, so I
> > installed the ICC server here. I have done zip to the dhcpd.conf which looks
> > as it it is fully disabled. Assuming I want a pool of 16 addresses, say from
> > 192.168.71.100 to 192.168.71.115, what do I uncomment and fill in, in
> > dhcpd.conf?
> >
> > If I'm going to have to do this, I want it done the approved way.
> >
> > I want the server to only respond to the MAC address of that printer, no
> > response to any other MAC that might come calling.
>
> The pool is for "anyone who comes calling".
>
> Your reserved addresses should be outside the pool.

At one time (or I'm just conflating isc-dhcp-server with some other
dhcp server option), it was required that a host's "fixed-address" was
within the defined range ("address pool").  Looking at a manpage dated
2021 (or well at least /usr/share/man/man8/dhcpd.8.gz is dated 2021), it
doesn't specify one way or the other.

It does, however, note that if you do set a host's fixed-address that
falls in the range, it just gets skipped when a client that doesn't
match the defined host-identifier (e.g. MAC Address) is requesting an
IP.

--
|_|O|_|