Re: Password managers

On 13/11/2023 21:29, Erwan David wrote:
That was a bad idea : lokking closer I see that kpcli does not support the latest keepass file format (v4)

Trying "apt search" I have noticed some python tool "secrets" having python3-pykeepass in its dependency. Does anybody use it (or at least have tried it)? My specific interest is recovery scenario when usually used (and tuned) system is not available, so minimal dependencies matter when a Live image is booted.

It seems KeePassXC implements secret.service D-Bus API. Can gnome-keyring/kwallet/KeePassXC be used instead of "native" application for particular desktop or actually there are various lock-ins (e.g. anything other than gnome-keyring is call to trouble in Gnome)?