Re: memtest86

On 9/14/23 16:30, Tom Browder wrote:
On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 13:15 Alexander V. Makartsev <avbetev@gmail.com <mailto:avbetev@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I know "memtest86" was before "memtest86+", but memtest86+ is a
    successor

I just found my system rescue disk, booted it, entered the memtest86++ and see lots of FAILUREs (I have 128 Gb so that may be why it's been hit and miss).

Tom, I've said it before and been ignored, please google or ddg for it, get the latest version and build it following the instructions in the download. There's little chance a distro copy can cope with that much memory.

latest version is 10.6, get it at:
<https://www.memtest86.com/download.html>
Take your pick of the pro version you have to buy, or the right hand free download. I have 32G only in this machine and the free version of 9.6 worked fine here. But I see it now only boots on uefi enabled machines.

I'm trying to see if a log is or can be generated for my warranty repair.

Thanks to all who gave advice!

-Tom

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)