Re: How to install the kernel 5.4.14 (source and headers) packages on Debian buster.

On Friday, 1 September 2023 13:16:31 CEST Mario Marietto wrote:
> Hello to everyone.
>
> I've just installed Debian Buster on my ARM Chromebook,using this image :
>
> https://github.com/hexdump0815/imagebuilder/releases?page=12
>
> He says that the image is based on the kernel 5.4 and it is. Infact the
> default running kernel is 5.4.14. But for the project that I'm working on,I
> also need to install the linux source and the headers packages for the same
> kernel (5.4.14),but unfortunately,between the packages I only see versions
> 4.19 and 5.10. Is there a method to install the sources and headers
> packages also for the kernel 5.4.14 ?

You can try to find the relevant package in snapshot.debian.org.

According to linux-image changelog:

linux (5.4.19-1) unstable; urgency=medium

  * New upstream stable update:
    https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v5.x/ChangeLog-5.4.14
    - [arm64,armhf] soc: amlogic: meson-ee-pwrc: propagate PD provider
      registration errors

You're looking for linux-headers-5.4.19

Note that hexdump0815/imagebuilder mentions ubuntu in its image version:
odroid_xu4-armv7l-ubuntu.img.gz

so I wonder if the Debian package will actually help there.

HTH