Re: Sleep: out of control

On Thu, Aug 31, 2023 at 16:20 zithro <slack@rabbit.lu> wrote:
On 31 Aug 2023 14:17, Tom Browder wrote:
> Note:  The systemd "/etc/systemd/sleep.conf" file has all entries commented
> out.

Take care, commenting may NOT be the same as disabling/setting to NO !

Each software has its own rules, but _usually_ when you comment out the
lines, the app built-in defaults will be used (like openssh).
Systemd behaves like that, at least that's what I observed after
commenting out the NTP server lines of systemd-timesync.

You should uncomment and specify NO like what Michel Verdier posted.
Ofc, if the units are masked/disabled, I guess those values are not
used/read.
But you never know, so belts and suspenders !

Yes, I agree, and I have already done that. Thanks!

-Tom

P.S. I rely on you experts because I know how much I don't know, and I can't even guess how much else there is to know. Thanks for covering for me!