Re: ipv6 maybe has arrived.

On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 16:20:00 +0300
Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:

> 	Hi.
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 08:04:38AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 10, 2023 at 05:58:07AM -0500, gene heskett wrote:
> > > hosts:          files mymachines dns myhostname
> >
> > This is wrong.
>
> You're correct, but for the wrong reason.
>
> > I don't know where you got it from, but "mymachines"
> > and "myhostname" are not valid entries in this file.
>
> On the contrary.
>
> apt show libnss-myhostname libnss-mymachines
>
> Why would anyone in their sane mind willingly install those is another
> question :)

libnss-mymachines is marked as automatically installed on my (Debian
Sid) system:

$ aptitude why libnss-mymachines
i   libvirt-daemon-system         Depends    libvirt-daemon-system-systemd (= 9.6.0-1) | libvirt-daemon-system-sysv (= 9.6.0-1)
i A libvirt-daemon-system-systemd Depends    systemd-container
i A systemd-container             Recommends libnss-mymachines

So if one wants to run libvirt as a system service on a systemd system,
and "Recommends" are installed by default (which I would assume is a
not uncommon scenario), then one will end up with libnss-mymachines
installed.

--
Celejar