Re: Mailing list unsubscription requests and identificatio

On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 05:39:28PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 8/11/23 14:25, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 11, 2023 at 10:59:14AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > > The recommended procedure usually works, unless the user is now using a
> > > different browser or has installed a new version of the OS.
> >
> > Sorry, Gene, this is plain wrong. The way it works is this:
> >
> No its not Tomas, everytime ff issues an update, I have to go thru all the
> bs of proving I am me to my bank,

You just moved the goalpost: the Debian mailing lists are not your
bank. Whatever your bank does... I think I don't want to know that.

The current context was the Debian mailing list. Not your bank. Not
some dystopian lock-in software for some (at first cheap) hardware.
Not anything else.

Try to keep things apart, Gene. That eases discussions.

Cheers