Re: Install report debain bookworm

On 06/08/2023 22:48, m_josenhans@web.de wrote:
Hi,

I have today installed debian bookworm. I have a HP Officejet Pro 6380 printer connected via usb and wlan (over the router).

In the past I had used KDE Neon. Before I updated KDE Neon to the version with is Ubuntu 04.22. based. I could enter the USB stick in the USB port of the printer and access it via the filemanger kde dolphin without plugging it directly into the computer.

After I upgraded kde neon to the version based on Ubuntu 04.22. the USB stick inserted in the printer did no longer appear in dolphin.

Today I installed debain bookworm (with KDE) and I have the same problem. Thus I would like to report a bug (regression).

Against wich package shall I report this bug?

Br,
Michael Josenhans

Hi Michael, there is no regression as in bug, but rather a changed
default functionality in KDE Neon you used. Furthermore, you cannot
report a regression because something worked in older KDE Neon before
22.04 and it's not working in Debian Bookworm.

I suspect your printer have Samba filesharing on USB storage, and
various distros handle this or not. Samba is meant to work as a
Microsoft Windows filesharing protocol, so it's not exactly welcomed as
force-install in ALL Debian installations. You may need to install
support for it yourself.

--
With kindest regards, Piotr.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀