Re: Bookworm - cron?

Hello,

On Sat, Aug 05, 2023 at 12:53:08PM -0700, Steve Sobol wrote:
> Part of my standard procedure for setting up new VMs involves editing root's
> crontab.
>
> But cron isn't installed.

Seems unlikely. There are system cron jobs that are not yet
converted to systemd timers. A bookworm install I did just yesterday
has cron jobs in /etc/cron.d/ that require the "cron" package.

What are you typing to edit root's crontab? What output do you get
that you don't expect?

Cheers,
Andy

"What should one say after making love?  ``Thank you'' seems too much.
 ``I'm sorry'' - somehow not enough." — The League Against Tedium