Re: Unable to ssh to Debian 9 from 9 or 11

Roger Price wrote:
> After the restart, I tried to ssh from Debian 11 to that Debian 9 machine
>
>  rprice@titan ~ ssh -v rprice@kananga
>  ssh: connect to host kananga port 22: Connection timed out
>
> So it's something else?  Roger

Sorry, but I didn't follow the whole thread complete. Maybe parts of this were already asked...

• Can you check on the host kananga, if sshd is running and really listening on port 22?

  Can you (as root) on host kanaga, and send us the output:

	lsof -P -i -n | grep ssh | grep root | grep LISTEN

  Check especially, if ssh is listening for all hosts (indicated by an asterisk '*')?

• Can you check, if there are no Firewall restrictions for Port 22 on host kanaga:

  Do as root:

  	iptables -L -n | grep dpt:22

• Check, if there are no Firewall restrictions regarding the host on host kanaga for your host titan:

  Do as root:

	for i in `host titan | awk '{print $NF}'` ; do iptables -L -n | grep $i ; done

• Finally, if you didn't get the answer yet, check on host titan, what ssh is really doing, with lots of more verbose messages:

	ssh -vvv rprice@kananga date

Thanks.

Best regards,
	Klaus.
--
Klaus Singvogel
GnuPG-Key-ID: 1024R/5068792D  1994-06-27