Migrating system from u-sd to nvme memory on arm64's?

On 7/12/23 10:28, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 6:40 AM gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
[ ...]
One of the things apparently missing in today's support for the arm64
boards such as the bananapi-m5, is the lack of support for the nvme
memory on some of these devices. I have quite a few of them, all booting
and running from 64G micro-sd's.  Yet these all have, soldered to the
board, several gigs of nvme memory, more that enough to contain a full
desktop install with all the toys, but totally unused.

So my question is, when do we get support for using it? It is reported
to be several times faster than the u-sd's its running from now. u-sd's
touted to do 100mhz/second, but generally can only do less than 20
megs/second in actual practice. So what plans are in place to use this
memory on the arms, that we users can look fwd to?

I don't follow. What does this have to do with raid and migrating?

It seems like it should be a new thread, but I want to make sure I am
not missing something obvious.

Jeff
.

My bad Jeff, get out the wet noodles & give me 30 lashes, I neglected to update the subject. But it is related to migrating, so this s/b better.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis