latest upgrade to systemd 252.12-1 error about invalid attributes /var/log/journal and slow sshd connections

Hello,

I'm running Debian 12 on a vps. I just upgraded it and am now
apparently running the latest systemd version 252.12-1. I saw an error
about invalid attributes on /var/log/journal then it said ignoring.
I've seen others with this error but only in reference as far as I can
tell to the btrfs filesystem which I'm not using. I've got a single
drive running ext4. I'm also seeing very slow like over a minute
connection times between when I authenticate via sshd and I get a
terminal prompt which is also since this upgrade. The initial server
connection goes as normal, it gets my public key then a good long
delay and then I finally get my terminal prompt.

Any comments on either of these appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.