Re: mounting media in plasma5

On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 04:09:23PM +0200, Hans wrote:
> > If not: Can you create a new file in /media/myusername/ ?
>
> Nope, I can not. I was at  a customer today and did an upgrade from bullseye
> to bookworm and there I discvered this issue the first time, as he has a
> hardrive with ext4. As I am using no harddrive with ext4 at the moment, I did
> not notice this issue.

An ext4 file system has its own internal Unix ownerships and permissions.
When mounted, those ownerships and permissions are what determine who
can read or write to each file/directory within the file system.

The ACL that's being added at the root directory of the mounted file
system is giving you extra read privileges on top of what the file
system permissions grant to you.  I would ignore that for now.

If you want to write to a mounted ext4 file system where everything
is owned by root, just become root.  sudo cp myfile /mount/hans/whatever/