Re: How do I remotely access the computer in the next room?

Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jul 03, 2023 at 12:17:36AM +0100, Alain D D Williams wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 02, 2023 at 06:49:07PM -0400, hobie of RMN wrote:
> > > Chiefly I'm looking for the most convenient way to keep an eye
> > > on his incoming e-mail for him.  Mostly I use Mutt; he uses
> > > claws-mail exclusively, so I'll need to remotely launch
> > > claws-mail and have it retrieve latest e-mails.
> >
> > Claws-mail stores mail in the MH mailbox format. Mutt can handle MH
> > mailboxes.
>
> I'd probably go a step further and rsync those MH folders to my
> machine; that way I could use whatever mail program I liked locally
> without fear of affecting the other machine or the pristine copy of
> its email.

There's no point in just looking at Claw's MH folder. It contains the
mail that has already been received. I imagine the brother wants to
access new mail that arrives. Depending how his system is set up that
may involve starting Claws and pushing the 'Get Mail' button on the
toolbar.

As David asks, why not just access the mail on the provider's website?
Easier than fighting with a broken computer system.