Raid Array and Changing Motherboard

I have a software RAID 1 array of two hard drives. Each of the two disks contains the Debian operating system and user data.

I am thinking of changing the motherboard because of problems that might be connected to the current motherboard. The new motherboard would be the same make and model as the current motherboard.

Would I need to recreate the RAID 1 array for the new motherboard I.e. re-initialise the current RAID 1 disks and repopulate the disks with data or can I just set up the software RAID on the new motherboard without affecting the current data on the RAID 1 drives ?