Re: AW: EPSON ET M 1120 new printer: If You can read this, you are using the wrong driver

On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 08:46:22AM +0000, Schwibinger Michael wrote:
> Good morning
>
> Thank You.
>
> EPSON said
> EPSON only works with WIN.
>
> Regards
> Sophie

Dear Sophie,

Epson do not formally support Linux for many of their printers.
They do provide some uofficial Linux packages. Among these are ones for
your printer.

I only understand a little German. I am installing a Debian Linux 11 virtual
machine in German in order to help you better.

http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/ - the Epson web site.

If you put M1120 into the search box, do not put anything into operating system
and press Enter, you get 20 results.

Follow the links for the Epson printer driver for Linux - accept the license
conditions.

Download - epson-printer-utility_1.1.1-1lsb3.2_amd64.deb

Also run the command that they suggest (as root or by using sudo):

apt install lsb

Install the supporting library for Epson printers from Debian

apt install escputil

Now follow the tutorial page. Install escputil first, then the Epson printer
driver.

If this fails - tell us *exactly* what fails, error messages and so on.

All the very best, as ever,

Andy Cater