Re: Logging off an X session closes all ssh -X connections started previously from outside X

On 05/05/2023 02:07, zithro wrote:
2. using VNC or rdesktop, I then log on to X on the machine, do some stuff, then hit "log off" from the desktop menu. Immediately, ALL the previous SSH connections started in step 1 get closed, hence all the shells and the GUI apps (firefox, etc) !

Have you inspected journalctl output (as root) around the "log off" moment?

A wild guess is that it might be force close of systemd user session, however it should not happen. Try to compare systemd-cgls (user .slice and .scope), "loginctl list-users", "loginctl list-sessions" on each step.

Perhaps it may be related to user D-Bus sessions, however I would expect that ssh GUI app has its own bus created by dbus-launch.

Does it happen for newly created user with no customization?