Re: questions about cron.daily

On Sun 09 Apr 2023 at 21:48:22 (+0200), zithro wrote:
> > IOW, while I run crontab -e on bookworm, inside my emacs session,
> > I want a subshell to run crontab -l, but the latter has to run on
> > bullseye in order to pick up the old crontab. I'm not sure how
> > I would do that.
>
> Try running :
> ssh user@bullseye crontab -l
>
> It will locally list the crontab from remote user "user".
>
> Note I've never used emacs, so dunno if ssh is allowed !

In case it's not clear, bullseye and bookworm are Debian distribution
codenames, not hostnames. I can't edit my crontab on a newly installed
bookworm system while simultaneously listing my old crontab on the old
bullseye system on the same computer.

The machine is set up to dual boot (currently bullseye and buster),
but not simultaneously!

Even for the same username, the crontab on one computer differs from
that on another, as the machines have different roles.

Cheers,
David.