Re: how to limit a CPU temperature?

Darac Marjal wrote:

> As an alternative, you could try writing a small shell
> script that works like the following (pseudocode):
>
>  STOP_TEMP=70
>  START_TEMP=65
>  JOB_RUNNING=1
>
>  while true:
>    cpu_temp=$(cat /sys/something/temperature)
>
>    if JOB_RUNNING and cpu_temp > STOP_TEMP:
>      systemctl stop something.service
>      JOB_RUNNING=0
>    elif not JOB_RUNNING and cpu_temp < START_TEMP:
>      systemctl start something.service
>      JOB_RUNNING=1
>    endif
>
>    sleep 1
> wend

Maybe the software scheduler should already schedule
optimally, be it preemptive SJF or whatever, anyway so only
possibility to reduce CPU temperature that way is to schedule
less anyway - also backwards, since computing is like the
"king" here it means if heat is a problem, it's not on our
side of it really.

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal