Re: PDF on debian

Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> writes:

> Apart from Windows-derived GDI printers, the majority of laser
> and inkjet printers have a PostScript interpreter built in, even
> if its primary use is in interpreting PDF files.

I think that's probably outdated info too. My cheapie Epson XP-3100
supports some bitmap formats but not PDF. That bitmap support takes it
out of "Windows-derived GDI printer" category in my book at least.

I think the wireless printer situation at least is that most any
wireless printer supports Apple's Airprint which is good since that's
just a label for standard stuff.