Re: Re: home server for email box

On Fri, 2023-03-10 at 21:29 +0900, pyh@ymail.ne.jp wrote:
> As you suggested I may use other relays as outgoing gateway. But the
> home box will receive and store messages. I can operate the email
> accounts for me and my family on this server.

This is what I do. But another thing to bear in mind is what happens if
you have a problem with your home internet connection or with the
computer receiving your email? Yes, email senders will retry for a
while, but personally I've had my ADSL line go down for a week or more.
Also, if you are away on holiday you won't be there to fix a broken
email server. For most people, email service is pretty critical so you
will likely want a second fallback email server somewhere else. This is
what I do, I used to have a VPS for this but to save money I recently
moved to an email hosting service that supports receiving emails for
other domains.

--
Tixy