Re: what method do you prefer for data transfer between nodes?

On 3/5/23 00:22, Ken Young wrote:
Hello,

The methods I know,

1. scp
pros: the native tool in the OS
cons: you will either input password or put key pairs into servers for
authentication.

2. rsync
pros: it can transfer data by increasement
cons: you need to setup rsyncd server and make the correct authorization.

3. ftp/ftps
pros: easy to use
cons: need to setup ftpd server, and the way is not that secure?

4. rclone
pros:easy to use
cons: hard to setup (you may need a cloud storage for middleware).

For me I most often use scp + rsync. and what's your choice?

Regards,
Ken

Please tell us about your data, your nodes, and the mechanism(s) available for transferring data.

David