Re: OpenSolaris Boot Environements equivalent

Le 1/24/23 à 3:20 PM, Mario Marietto a écrit :
Yassine,if you think that you will not love FreeBSD only because you have seen your friend put his handsin his hair,you areinterpreting the situation too severely. FreeBSD is a good OS,easier than Linux andwhich doesn't have all the unnecessarysuperstructurethat Linux has, but offers almost all of the same features. And where it doesn't offer them, you can use bhyve to virtualize linux at all, even in the pass thru of the nvidia / amd gpus.

I see.
But my experience has been otherwise.
In another company I worked for,
I saw pfSense constantly reboot the machine in an infinite loop after a buggy update.
It was installed on a device that was acting as a gateway for some 500+ corporate computers.
Fortunately, there was a second instance running to avoid service downtime in these types of scenarii.

On the other side,
I hear compliments about the different BSDs and unices out there,
especially the much acclaimed Sun's contributions in that regard
(ZFS, DTrace, SMF...).

I just didn't have much opportunities to work on those platforms,
but if that opportunity comes,
I'd love to give them a try,
if time allows.

Best,