Re: Postfix fails after upgrade from bullseye to bookworm

On Fri, Jan 20, 2023 at 07:17:37PM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> It seems that postfix's startup time has greatly regressed, on my laptop
> there are very long delays both at boot:
>
> ,----
> | $ systemd-analyze blame | head -n1
> | 33.340s postfix@-.service
> `----

A delay that's a multiple of 30 seconds is very often a DNS lookup
failure.  I would imagine your postfix configuration is trying to
perform a DNS lookup on some hostname or other, and that this is
happening before you're actually "online", for whatever definition of
"online" is relevant here.

That's a total guess, though.  Find your logfiles and read them to see
what's actually going on.