Re: Postfix fails after upgrade from bullseye to bookworm

On Fri, 13 Jan 2023 11:52:29 -0700
Charles Curley <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:

> That suggests there's something wrong with
> the way systemd is starting postfix. I will look into that later
> today.

Not quite "later today", but:

A bit of thinking about it, and I realized that the computer in
question is an ancient 686 with very limited RAM, physical and swap. So
I experimented with watching the startup using htop. That got me
thinking that maybe the start timeout was too short.

I edited postfix@-.service, like so:

systemctl edit postfix@-.service

and added a line to the end of the [service] stanza:

TimeoutSec=360

So:

root@white:/etc# diff systemd/system/postfix@-.service /lib/systemd/system/postfix@.service
17d16
< TimeoutSec=360
20c19
< WantedBy=multi-user.target
\ No newline at end of file
---
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
root@white:/etc#

That seems to have fixed the problem. We'll see, said the zen master.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/