Re: Why Debian packaging structure is so difficult

On 09/01/2023 13:20, Sadhu Santh wrote:

If not, why the upstream structure is not made simpler?

If I remember correctly, current repository layout minimizes traffic at the moment of new release. .deb packages are already synced as a part of testing suite. Almost certainly it is explained on some official page or in a manual, but I can not figure out where I saw it.

For tools aware of Debian repository structure see
https://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Setup#Debian_Repository_Mirroring_Tools

Personally I use apt-cacher-ng, so I can not comment reliability of other tools.